Pituitary tumors (PiTs) are the second most common intracranial neoplasms in adults. With an incidence of 15/1000 case per year, these tumors represent a major health issue. Although these tumors are generally slow proliferating and benign, 45-55% of those invade nearby tissues preventing the possibility of complete surgical resection and imposing the use of complementary therapeutic strategies. Understanding the mechanisms that drive PiT transformation, slow growing characteristic and aggressive evolution is therefore important. The cellular and functional diversity and the complex evolution of pituitary adenomas make their clinical analysis and management difficult. The lack of knowledge about their evolution makes their classification and the customization of therapeutic strategies impossible. These features also complicate the development of predictive prognostic tools and targeted-personalized therapies.
Our group is integrated through the Hospices Civils de Lyon in the National Reference center HYPO Pituitary Reference network, it assembles a research team that brought together clinicians and fundamental researcher, who aim to:
Identify and characterize new markers of pituitary tumors through genomic approaches
Develop relevant cellular and preclinical human-derived models
Study the contribution of candidate mechanisms such as cellular senescence in those tumors
– Chromosomal instability in the prediction of pituitary neuroendocrine tumors prognosis. Lasolle H, et al. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2020 Nov 10;8(1):190.
– Immune Landscape of Pituitary Tumors Reveals Association Between Macrophages and Gonadotroph Tumor Invasion. Principe M, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020 Nov 1;105(11).
– SST5 expression and USP8 mutation in functioning and silent corticotroph pituitary tumors. Castellnou S, et al. Endocr Connect. 2020 Feb 1;9(3):243-53.
– The Microenvironment of Pituitary Tumors-Biological and Therapeutic Implications. Ilie MD, et al.Cancers (Basel). 2019 Oct 21;11(10).
– Predicting early post-operative remission in pituitary adenomas: evaluation of the modified knosp classification. Buchy M, et al. Pituitary. 2019 Oct;22(5):467-475.
– Sex-Related Differences in Lactotroph Tumor Aggressiveness Are Associated With a Specific Gene-Expression Signature and Genome Instability. Wierinckx A, et al. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2018 Nov 30;9:706.
– ALK7 expression in prolactinoma is associated with reduced Prolactin and increased proliferation. Principe M, et al. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2018 Sep;25(9):795-806.
– Centralization errors in comparative genomic hybridization array analysis of pituitary tumor samples. Lassole H, et al. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2018 Feb 20.
– European Society of Endocrinology Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of aggressive pituitary tumours and carcinomas. European Society of Endocrinology. Raverot G, et al. Eur J Endocrinol. 2018 Jan;178(1):G1-G24.
– Risk of Recurrence in Pituitary Neuroendocrine Tumors: A Prospective Study Using a Five-Tiered Classification. Raverot G, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Sep 1;102(9):3368-3374.
– Temozolomide treatment can improve overall survival in aggressive pituitary tumors and pituitary carcinomas. Lasolle H, et al. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017 Jun;176(6):769-777.
– Menin regulates Inhbb expression through an Akt/Ezh2-mediated H3K27 histone modification. Gherardi S, et al. BiochimBiophys Acta. 2017 Apr;1860(4):427-437.
– Differential Effects of PI3K and Dual PI3K/mTOR Inhibition in Rat Prolactin-Secreting Pituitary Tumors. Chanal M, et al. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016 Jun;15(6):1261-70.
– ActivinB is inuced in Insulinoma to promote tumor plasticity through a β-cell induced dedifferentiation. Ripoche D, et al. Mol Cell Biol. 2016 March: 756-764
Andoniadou Cynthia (King’s College London)
RaùlLuque (IMIBIC, Spain)
GuillaumeAssié (Institut Cochin, Paris)
Thierry Brue (MMG, Marseille)
Anne Barlier (MMG, Marseille)
Andersson Olov (Karolinska Institute, Sweden)
Ritvos Olli (University of Helsinki
Région Rhône-Alpes Auvergne
La Ligue contre le cancer
SociétéFrançaise d’Endocrinologie (SFE)
Hospices Civils de Lyon
We use coockies