Our group carries out researches about pathogen-induced cancers by means of Bioinformatics. We are particularly interested in hepatocellular carcinoma induced by hepatitis B and C viruses (HBV and HCV).
Our activities cover:
– Development of databases integrating sequence, structure and function of biological macromolecules
– Integration of protein sequence and structure Bioinformatics analysis tools as Web servers
– Next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis
– Structural Bioinformatics of proteins
– Applied bioinformatics
Figure 1: Overview of (A) HBVdb protein sequence data set, (B) euHCVdb query results, (C) NPS@ Clustal W multiple sequence alignment of HBV HBc proteins, and (D) molecular homology model of HBV polymerase ribonuclease H (RNase H) domain.
Our main database and server achievements are:
– BCL2DB : database of BCL-2 family members and BH3-only proteins
– BYKdb : the Bacterial protein tYrosine Kinase database
– euHCVdb : the European hepatitis C virus database
– Geno3D : An automated protein modeling Web server
– HBVdb : a knowledge database for Hepatitis B Virus
– NPS@ : Network Protein Sequence Analysis