Cancer Genomics Platform
Provide comprehensive, high-quality genomic analysis services to the scientific, academic, hospital and industrial community. Endowed with experienced staff and state-of-the-art equipment (see section “Team” and “Equipment”, our main missions consist in:
- Advice: we orient leaders in the choice of suitable technologies, we assist them when necessary during the completion of their projects in order to answer technical and analytical questions.
- Technical support: we carry out the work with available equipment, respecting the specifications established in advance with the project leaders. The production process is detailed in the “Conduct of project” section.
- Assistance in the interpretation of the results: we help to analyze and interpret the results obtained, both technologically and biologically (for instance, signification for sequence variations) and propose supplementary experiments if necessary. We also help in writing scientific publications.
- Implementation of new approaches or new applications: offer cutting-edge technologies to researchers/clinicians. Developments of specific protocols is also possible within the framework of collaboration.
Our projects and achievements
- National, multicenter and institutional genomic profiling projects on personalized medicine: the Unicancer clinical trial Safir 01/Safir 02 (2012-2019), the multicenter clinical trial for pediatric cancers Micchado (ongoing) and CLB’s ProfiLER program (clinical trial MOST and MegaMOST) since 2014 for which more than 4000 patients (~ 700 patients / year) have now been tested. We carry out the genomic tests with results interpretation and attend multidisciplinary consultation meetings (RCP) for the proposal of targeted therapies.
- Carrying out fundamental and translational research projects, from CLB or CRCL’s clinicians and researchers and in collaboration with other health organization or industries. Several hundred projects have been carried out on both DNA (WGS, WES, Chip-seq, Panel) and RNA (RNAseq, RiboMeth-seq, HTG), as well as using the “single-cell” approach.
- The quality management system within the platform has been established with the aim of standardizing the validated approaches and to guarantee the quality of the analysis. The SOP for different types of experiments have been set up followed by regular review and update.
- Development of new approaches following technological evolution in answering scientific questions. Single-cell analysis will be an important area of development and innovation in the coming year.